LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BiSS Serial Protocol

although this is an old thread can someone kindly guide me that how can i interface Renishaw absolute encoder with a NI motion controller.it uses BISS unidirectional protocol for comunicating angular position.has any hardware interface card been released by NI for this protocol??

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 38
(2,662 Views)

I've not heard anything since this thread went quiet, the contact details are in the thread if you wish to query Renishaw on the topic, please post an update if you find out anything.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 38
(2,657 Views)

Hi Bmann and Omer,

I have looked into this for you on the NI side. At this time there is no further information about hardware or software support for the BiSS protocol.

If I do find any postable information then I will, of course, follow up on this thread but at this point I would suggest contacting Renishaw.

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 38
(2,638 Views)

Just a quick note,

I have a customer who is interested in some BISS FPGA code also, I understand that it hasn't been posted to this thread, but I thought I would just post to increase awareness of the fact that customers are interested in this so that it might get implimented or uploaded soon.

Does anyone know where it might have been posted anywhere online?

Thanks,

Joel G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 38
(2,569 Views)

read message 12

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 38
(2,560 Views)

Hello all,
I just want to let you all know that we have a C-series module in development to support BiSS protocoll in the near future for CompactRIO. This will be the SEA 9521 BiSS Encoder C Series Module.
We have already a C-Series Module for Endat-Sensors available which is also an position or rotary encoder interface.

Regards Wolfram

S.EA. Datentechnik GmbH
http://www.sea-gmbh.com

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 38
(2,517 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 38
(2,399 Views)

Hi friends, Anyone implemented BISS slave on microcontroller?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 38
(2,138 Views)

Hello to everyone! I'm developing a RIO-based system that should connect to iC-HAUS chip via BiSS C interface. Is there some LabVIEW FPGA code that I can use to send and receive data with NI RIO board? Unfortunately I have no access to BISS C adapters that iC-HAUS offers. I'll be very grateful for any advice or link!

Andrey Karakozov

"ENGO SPELS", researcher

LabVIEW CLD

Moscow, Russia

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 38
(1,753 Views)

Hello,

you can find ready to use Interface Modules here:

http://www.sea-gmbh.com/en/products/compactrio-products/interface-busses/sea-9521-bissssi/

and here:

http://shop.sea-gmbh.com/dollar_en/crio-produkte/module/schnittstellen/sea-9521-biss-interface-modul...

The product contains complete LabVIEW driver code.

Regards Wolfram

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 38
(1,738 Views)