LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits from NI to a Certified LabVIEW Architect

Hello there,

Just this question came throgh my mind and here it goes..

Being a CLA, what does national Instrument (regional and or the HQ) will offer a CLA?

Here "offer" is something to do with free tools or software or support or something similar and not any sort of

"Remuneration"

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,019 Views)

Lets assume you have a bachelors degree in electronics. After completion you would have got a certificate. Did you get anything else from the college/university.

Coming to the adv of the CLA. There are companies who specifically want certified labVIEW professionals to work for them. You get an instant recognition

Message 2 of 9
(4,005 Views)
They gave me a logo when I became a CLD.  Who could ask for anything more? 🙂
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,985 Views)

Nothing from NI as far as I know.

Outside NI, it depends on where you are and where you want to work.

Here at Data Science Automation we (sales and management) sell ourselves as LabVIEW experts Depending on the day of the week (it varies), I have heard claims like "we have to highest concentration of CLA in the worlds!" etc, etc. We are head-qaurtered in Pittsburgh PA and find ourselves surounded by many smaller integrators and the CLA is one of the factors that is used to sell DSA.

The only other plus I know of for being a CLA is if you are looking for a job that invloves LV, the CLA can put you on top of the resume stack.

Have fun,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,979 Views)
I think you get a shirt, and a special ribbon on your badge at NI Week!
Message 5 of 9
(3,957 Views)
i didnt get anything so far 😞
Regards
Guru (CLA)
Message 6 of 9
(3,893 Views)

Guruthilak wrote:
i didnt get anything so far 😞

(Self-appointed, I assume) "Guru" status?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,868 Views)

A certification shows what you know, but not having a certification doesnt imply that you dont know as much.  I have programmed in LV for over 10 years teach labview classes and architected applications with vi count well over 1000 but dont have a CLA (I have a CLD only).  The only time I personally have seen the need for the CLA is in marketing (either to sell a project or If I had to market myself in the future).  I would however consider this a big PLUS if I was hiring since I know that the CLA does demonstrate a high knowledge of LabVIEW.  The CLD and CLA are very useful since they include a practical exam, there is no faking through these exams unlike many technology certifications (I know some people who got network certifications before they actually ever set up a real network).  I would say it cant hurt and I plan on this whe I get the time.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 8 of 9
(3,855 Views)
Guru, I'm not involved with the CLA program, but here, have some Kudos!
--Paul Mandeltort
Automotive and Industrial Communications Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,774 Views)