LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic covert grade percent to letter grade?

Im very new to labview and am trying to convert number grades from 1-100 to letter grades as in A,B,C,D,F

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,506 Views)

Ouch!  Those colors are hurting my eyes.

Search the forums, I'm sure this question as come up before.

Look at using Threshold 1-D array.  Use your grade on an array of grades (0, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90)  Round the results down.  Then use that index to index out an array of letter grades.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,484 Views)

You can also do it with a case structure with 5 frames. Here's a screenshot with one frame, see if you can figure out what the other frame values are.

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,477 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Search the forums, I'm sure this question as come up before.

Something very similar just the other day:  How to apply multiple if statements to one input

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,468 Views)

If you really want a covert SubVI, you can remove the icon, or get really fancy and decorate the icon to look like a wire so no one knows it is there. In the first picture I put a gray border around the SubVI so you can see it, but in the second I took out the gray border but the SubVI is still there. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Message 5 of 9
(3,460 Views)

Greg,

Interesting, but what does that have to do with the current thread?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,457 Views)

OP said "covert" in the title.  gregoryj the troll.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 7 of 9
(3,442 Views)

Ahh.  I completely overlooked that. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,429 Views)

Other thread about "Grade books".

Seems to be a common student homework nowadays - for a whole bunch of them… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos