From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background color of boolean text

Greetz All,

I have a row of selection buttons on my front panel, I want to change the background color of the boolean text when a button is pressed to show which one is currently active. No problem there, just use property node for BoolText.BGColor and and select the color I want.

That works fine, problem is when I select another button, I want the other to go back to a transparent background, but I can't figure out how to do that. Selecting a color is easy, just input the hex number for the color, but what is the number for no color?

Thanks
Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,455 Views)
The number is 16777216, but you can use color box constant under numeric>>additional numeric constants function palette to pass it or discover any color in the color palette.
Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,455 Views)
I forgot about the color constant box, thanks for jogging my mind, it must still be Monday.

Thanks

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,455 Views)
The number for transparent color is 0x1000000

However, it is more handy to use a color box constant
where you can select the color.

Jean-Pierre

"eodickens" a écrit dans le message news:
506500000008000000051B0000-986697009000@quiq.com...
> Greetz All,
>
> I have a row of selection buttons on my front panel, I want to change
> the background color of the boolean text when a button is pressed to
> show which one is currently active. No problem there, just use
> property node for BoolText.BGColor and and select the color I want.
>
> That works fine, problem is when I select another button, I want the
> other to go back to a transparent background, but I can't figure out
> how to do that. Selecting a color is easy, just input the hex number
> for
the color, but what is the number for no color?
>
> Thanks
> Ed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,455 Views)
I think of tranparency as a format versus a color, where you either see a particular color of an object or its hidden. Therefore, using an Attribute Node of your object, you could work with the "Visible" option. A True makes it visible, a False makes it transparent/hidden. On your Front Panel, behind that text box, you could have a copy of the same text box set to any color you wish, and it would only be visible when your top text box is non-visible/transparent. I know this seems clumsy, but it gets the job done and takes minimal processor time.
I'd like to see what other suggestions are out there.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,455 Views)
Thanks to all, I completely forgot about the color constant box, that's definately the way to go.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,455 Views)