LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD nipxibrc.sys causing blue screen error

I'm trying to get some data from an NI DAQ into LabView on my laptop. things works just fine on my desktop but when I try to install NI drivers on my laptop I get horrifying blue screen errors (in addition to other issues I have mentioned here). I contacted my laptop customer service, Sony, and they have asked me to follow these instructions to see which driver is crashing. Following the instruction I got a blue screen error indicating that nipxibrc.sys has failed. I have also collected the minidump files and can share them with your customer service if required. My laptop is a SVF15N2C5E Sony VAIO and my Os is windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,714 Views)

in addition to the info in the original post, I used WhoCrashed to see more details and this is the result I got:

On Tue ....... your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\........dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2+0x9209C)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8059CC7209C, 0xFFFFC7005DBB63A8, 0xFFFFC7005DBB5BD0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

maybe there is a conflict between Graphics drivers and NI drivers?!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,695 Views)

Likewise, I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with installing DAQmx drivers on a Dell i7, windows 10 laptop.  Tried DAQmx 16.1 and 17.1.

In both cases, after DAQmx installation, the system reboot fails.  I restored the Dell's factory image after 1st failure.  Boot in Safe Mode would not work.  However, Boot without hardware checksum was successful.

I then opened the ...\srt\SrtTrail.txt   log file.  The error message was:

Root cause found:
---------------------------
Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\nipxibrc.sys is corrupt.

I'm now looking for a solution...  I don't use PXI hardware.!!!  ugh.!!!

Message 3 of 6
(5,657 Views)

I've had similar problems, also dxgmms2.sys appears to be involved, but i get a "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" instead. I'm using a laptop too, when i get back from sleep it sometimes crashes with BSOD, other times it just reboots without any message at all. I wonder if this is related to notebooks. Also "googledrivesync.exe" crashes whenr rebooting when asked to reboot after finishing installation, and it appears to be related.

Have you found any fix/solution?
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,441 Views)

Quick followup, installed the oldest driver that would support my DAQ (15.5) and I haven't got any new BSOD or random reboot. Problem is that if I try to install DAQExpress it automatically wants to update the drivers to 17.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,418 Views)

So after installing 15.5 and not getting BSOD anymore I began updating packages one by one and testing stability... only after updating "NI PXI Platform Services Runtime" from 15.5 to 17.0, system began to BSOD again. Of course I could avoid installing it, but sadly NI DAQExpress requires me to install it, even when I don't use PXI. Any have any idea on a possible solution? (Besides waiting for 18.0 and hoping that it wont crash)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,399 Views)