From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD nipxibrc.sys causing blue screen error

I'm trying to get some data from an NI DAQ into LabView on my laptop. things works just fine on my desktop but when I try to install NI drivers on my laptop I get horrifying blue screen errors (in addition to other issues I have mentioned here). I contacted my laptop customer service, Sony, and they have asked me to follow these instructions to see which driver is crashing. Following the instruction I got a blue screen error indicating that nipxibrc.sys has failed. I have also collected the minidump files and can share them with your customer service if required. My laptop is a SVF15N2C5E Sony VAIO and my Os is windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,707 Views)

in addition to the info in the original post, I used WhoCrashed to see more details and this is the result I got:

On Tue ....... your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\........dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2+0x9209C)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8059CC7209C, 0xFFFFC7005DBB63A8, 0xFFFFC7005DBB5BD0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

maybe there is a conflict between Graphics drivers and NI drivers?!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,688 Views)

Likewise, I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with installing DAQmx drivers on a Dell i7, windows 10 laptop.  Tried DAQmx 16.1 and 17.1.

In both cases, after DAQmx installation, the system reboot fails.  I restored the Dell's factory image after 1st failure.  Boot in Safe Mode would not work.  However, Boot without hardware checksum was successful.

I then opened the ...\srt\SrtTrail.txt   log file.  The error message was:

Root cause found:
---------------------------
Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\nipxibrc.sys is corrupt.

I'm now looking for a solution...  I don't use PXI hardware.!!!  ugh.!!!

Message 3 of 6
(5,650 Views)

I've had similar problems, also dxgmms2.sys appears to be involved, but i get a "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" instead. I'm using a laptop too, when i get back from sleep it sometimes crashes with BSOD, other times it just reboots without any message at all. I wonder if this is related to notebooks. Also "googledrivesync.exe" crashes whenr rebooting when asked to reboot after finishing installation, and it appears to be related.

Have you found any fix/solution?
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,434 Views)

Quick followup, installed the oldest driver that would support my DAQ (15.5) and I haven't got any new BSOD or random reboot. Problem is that if I try to install DAQExpress it automatically wants to update the drivers to 17.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,411 Views)

So after installing 15.5 and not getting BSOD anymore I began updating packages one by one and testing stability... only after updating "NI PXI Platform Services Runtime" from 15.5 to 17.0, system began to BSOD again. Of course I could avoid installing it, but sadly NI DAQExpress requires me to install it, even when I don't use PXI. Any have any idea on a possible solution? (Besides waiting for 18.0 and hoping that it wont crash)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,392 Views)