LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation

Can any one pls help me out Iam trying to Integrate the Labview with some other Software say 'x'. For this purpose I have to register all the channels which Iam using in the 'x' software in to the Lab view with the active x control provided.

Now the problem what I have is Iam trying to automate this process . Instead of creating a Invoke node for each channel manually, is there any way to create a invoke node automatically for each channel by taking the channel names from the excel sheet.

In brief to say if the excel sheet has 20 channel names now it has to create 20 Invoke nodes with the channel names provided in the excel sheet automatically, under "register channel" section in the code.(Interfacing is seen in upper left part of the code attached ).

Shanth.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,598 Views)

Sure.

You can use ActiveX methods to open the Excel Spreadsheet and read the names.  Search the forums for examples of working with Excel and LabVIEW.  There is even a board dedicated to Excel.

Once you have those names read and built into an array, wrap your Invoke Node in a For Loop and feed the array of names into it with autoindexing turned on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,584 Views)

Hello Ravens,

Can you pls provide me any link or sample code to automate the process. Iam really new to Labview programming.

Thank You,

Shanth.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,573 Views)
Don't forget to close all of the references that you are opening, otherwise you will have a memory leak.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,570 Views)
No idea if this will work for you, but look at the for loop that I added.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)