From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating NI MAX tasks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I want to extract various data that have been logged with Citadel. It's easy to attach each individual database, create a trace and export what I need. However, I have to do this manually for hundreds of databases. So I was wondering if there is a way to automate a sequence like this:

- attach a database at a known location

- enter trace parameters

- export results in a text format to a given location

- repeat

I know that there is a VI that can read a trace from a database, and I can parse the output of that, so as a last resort I can write some code that does that. But I was hoping I can tell NI MAX to run a script that tells it what and how to do it.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(870 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gmand

Disclaimer - I don't know DSC or Citadel, just googled and this article content seems to match some of your requirements.

You be the judge - whether this is enough to point you in the right direction or wait until someone who knows the answer

https://www.ni.com/en-us/innovations/white-papers/11/retrieving-data-from-a-citadel-database.html

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(865 Views)

Thank you! I did read that white paper, and that's where I learned about the built-in VIs to read a trace, etc. I'm leaning towards just writing a VI to read the databases and export the data in the way I want it. I was hoping that this all could be scripted in NI MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(810 Views)