From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto adjustable Tab Control with change in window resolution

Hi,

I am in need of designing a front panel where i have a tab control with image icons, i want the tab control its icons and all its controls and indicators within the tab control to resize when the window resolution changes.

I have attached by Front panel view for 2 different resolution. kindly find the image in the attachment.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,873 Views)

This is potentially possible to do, but it will be quite difficult and not particularly guaranteed to work.  Here's a substitute suggestion:

1. Create two "Top-Level" VIs, one for each Screen size.  Edit the Tab Control (and all of its contents!) so they look acceptable at the two sizes.
  2. Create a very small "Run Me First" VI that does the following:
    1. It interrogates its Monitor's size and determines which of the two Top Level VIs will "fit".
    2. It "chains to" the appropriately-sized Top Level VI, bring its Front Panel into view.  If you do this right, you can exit Run Me First once the right-sized Top Level VI is running.Bob 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,840 Views)

I will try it sir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,790 Views)

Maybe this will work for you: VI Properties -> Window Size -> Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes. 

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,759 Views)