LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating requirements in my Word Document with NI Gateway

What do I need to do in order to associate requirements in my Word Document with NI Gateway? I have created a MS Word Style defined as Requirement_ID and Requirement_Text and applied them to their respective parts of the document but when I load the document in NI Gateway I get no response.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,850 Views)

Hello jstrong,

Please open the Microsoft Word Requirements Gateway example project located in the Requirements Gateway directory under <Requirements Gateway>\Examples\Word\Word Example.rqtf

You should be able to use this project along with the example word documents to get a better understanding of how to set up your own project.

Hope this helps!

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,837 Views)

Thanks for the info!  Can you tell me if the custom style should work in a Word table? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,817 Views)

jstrong -

You could customize the Word NIRG Type to add a new Requirement element which uses a regular expression to parse Table information.

When you include requirements in a Table, NIRG parses that information into the intermediate file in the form of |d Requirement_ID     REQX: blah, where "|" specifies the beginning of a new cell in the row and d specifies the cell number.

Please take a look at the attached project which is a modification of the NIRG Word example. You'll notice that I use a custome Type called Word1 to load the Word Example - Requirements.doc file.

Hope this helps!

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)