LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask user before proceeding

I want labview to ask me, if I want to configure a particular instrument or give some specific input, like change in

sensitivity of instrument, frequency at which I want to perform the measurement. 
My previous program in visual basic ask me about configuring some of parameters in instruments goes like this

give the frequency at which measurement is to be performed(111.11Hz)?
   it sets given frequency
do you want to increase or decrease the sensitivity(y/N)? 

If nothing is given it dose not change the sensitivity

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,366 Views)

You can also do the same in LabVIEW.

Without seeing your code, it is difficult to suggest the appropriate way to implement it.

Nevertheless, if you could implement the solution using a State Machine.  When it goes into the state to set the frequency, it could popup a message and then it would obtain the info and continue.  I would also recommend using shift registers to hold the values.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try looking at some of these tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,349 Views)

I am using two lock-in amplifier and my program (visual basic) asks me if I want to perform the autosensitivity operation, which is sub programmer, then it asks me if I want to perform the same for the other device. After giving this two input it continues with initialization of other instruments.

I am getting this message when I click on the link you provided..Firefox can't find the server at wiki.lavag.org.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,334 Views)

Hi dracks,

I just tried the link and it works with Firefox 4

Here's the link:

http://labviewwiki.org/LabVIEW_tutorial

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,328 Views)

Hi,  this asks for a user input whenever you decide to choose a value for say the frequency as you stated. But it does use an express VI.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,308 Views)

Here is an example based on wond3rboy's example, but without the "can't stop the vi". I would also recommend this video on how to create good user dialogues. I would also replace the Express Vi with a sub-vi so that you can input the previous setting into the numeric control. That way the user don't have to remember the previous setting. You could also consider creating a setting sub-vi. Here you could put the measurement settings. The user change these settings one time and don't have to see the pop-up message all the time. Unless, of corse, it's nessesary for the user to remember to change the frequency all the time.

I have created a template for a setting sub-vi that I use in all my programs. It contains file saving folders, printers, operator name, measurement settings, ports ettings and so on. The user gets a prompt when the program starts to change settings. And also have the opertunity to save the settings so that it can be imported the next time to program starts.  

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
Message 6 of 6
(2,301 Views)