LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array with string and numeric column

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone. I'm a new labviewer, so i have 2 basic questions.

1. I found that basic stopwatch loop, which i have to move inside my event structure. How can i wire that loop together with my write and read ?.

2. I have to wire my "Elapsed time"numeric indicator with my array, so i want the "measurement" in the first column, and the "Elapsed time" in the second column. I know that i can't mix string and numeric indicator in the same array, so would the best way be, to make two 1D arrays (numeric,string), or there are more basic ways to fix the problem?. 

Thanks in advance

Oesen

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,054 Views)

build a 2d array with your 1d array information and store it on a shift reg (note: the thickness of the Array data lines)....

Example_VI.png

Message 2 of 10
(3,043 Views)

I'm not sure what functionality you're trying to implement with the elapsed time loop.   I moved your timer inside the first loop and converted the time from a number to a string.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 3 of 10
(3,036 Views)

I have the 2010 version of Labview :(. Can you convert it ?

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,031 Views)

To create an array with mixed datatypes, you can make a 1D array of clusters.

Here's a simple example (LV2010 (snippet is 2012)):

(also note that this idea would really help :D)

Download All
Message 5 of 10
(3,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oesen

2010:

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 6 of 10
(3,002 Views)

Exactly what i want.. Thanks for helping vt92!

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,987 Views)

Hi,

Is there someone kind enough to convert again the update of VT92 into LV 2009...Smiley Embarassed

I'am facing more or less the same problem, and would be very interested in seeing the proposal...

many thanks in advance !

Antoine

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,914 Views)

Here you go

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,911 Views)

Thank you very much !Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,905 Views)