LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array or list or table of tasks with different parameters

I would like to provide the user with a sequential list of tasks or actions to be performed.  For each task they would select the task type and each task type would then show its specific parameters that could be set.  One approach is an array of clusters.  Each array element represents the individual task to be performed.  Each cluster has a Ring or Menu or Enum control to specify which task to do.  When the user changes the Ring Value they are shown different parameters corresponding to the task they had specified.  Different parameters such as time, flow rate, temperature, ramp rate need to be shown for each different type of task.  How can a different set of controls be shown within an array ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,406 Views)
One way of going about this would be to set the 'Visible' property using a property node.  This will allow you to hide or show certain sections of your cluster as desired.  Another option would be to leave all of the different parameters visible but  programmatically disable the ones that are not relevant to the selected task.  This will prevent the user from inputting values into these controls, but won't leave gaps in your display.  I'm sure there are many different solutions to this problem but hopefully these ideas will get you started.  Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Setting the Visible or Disable property affects all elements of the array.  I need to show only one set of controls in array element 0 and a different set of controls in element 1.  The set of controls can be held in clusters or some other container if that makes it possible to accomplish this.  I'm using an array to define a sequential list of tasks that will be executed.  Maybe there is another way to define such a list.  I've attached a simple vi that shows schematically what I desire.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,305 Views)

Is there a particular reason why you would want to place these elments inside of an array?  The only reason I can think of to do this would be if the number of entries in the array was not fixed size.  If you were planning to have the size of your array fixed, then you could simply do without it and add all of the entries to the front panel individually.  You could then have access to the visibility of every front panel element and could programmatically choose exactly what you would like to display or hide. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,288 Views)