From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of clusters events - value change and mouse down

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

I am facing a problem triggering events using two arrays of clusters.

I have two arrays of clusters: A and B. There is one boolean control inside each cluster and to keep both arrays of clusters at the same index value (indexVals), the vertical scroll bar of A is hidden but the vertical scroll bar of B is visible. I was using a case structure with 3 cases triggered by: mouse down, timeout and mouse up. The "mouse down" case feeds the timeout terminal with 1, making the "timeout" case run. The "timeout" case continues to feed the timeout terminal with 1 and has two property nodes (one for A and another for B) that makes the indexVals value of B be written on indexVals of A. Inside the "mouse up" case there is a -1 value for the timeout terminal, ending the process. Ok, it was working great. But....

Now I need to keep the same procedures described above, but I need to trigger a event when the user click on any boolean (led) changing it state. I was thinking about "value change" event, but when I click on the led to trigger the "value change" event, the "mouse down" event is also triggered.

Any suggestions?

The real VI is a little bit different from what I described, but the problem is exactly the same.

Thanks

Dan07

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,768 Views)

Introduce a third control, a vertical slider, and hide the slider on both arrays. Now, use the "Value Change" event on this slider to control the IndexVals of the two arrays. This also frees the necessity to have three events and a polling property node, and should reduce the overall amount of code you're having to deal with.

Does this help?

Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dan07

Like this:

19777iE7B507251F7E59CE

Message 3 of 4
(2,756 Views)

It's what I was looking for. Quick and simple!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,730 Views)