From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approximation of a curve

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all. I want generate a curve similar to the image given below and repeat it as cycles. Any thoughts?

Chatla_0-1609093880097.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,758 Views)

You could be looking for a mathematical formula to describe your signal or you could just create a lookup table that you repeat.

(How "similar" should it be? Maybe start with the first derivative of Gaussian or Lorentzian peak?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,753 Views)

Thanks.Gaussian derivative would be better,can I select the curve at a particular region and loop it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chatla

@Chatla wrote:

Thanks.Gaussian derivative would be better,can I select the curve at a particular region and loop it?

Yes, of course!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,716 Views)

1) I have some data points of graph in excel. I want to generate that graph in Labview?

2)  I have only one cycle of that wave form. After generating that in labview , how do I replicate that into multiple cycles?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,582 Views)

Could anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,555 Views)

Hi Chatla,

@Chatla wrote:

1) I have some data points of graph in excel. I want to generate that graph in Labview?

2)  I have only one cycle of that wave form. After generating that in labview , how do I replicate that into multiple cycles?

1. Read the data from your Excel file using LabVIEW functions and display those data points in a graph…
  2. Use BuildArray to "replicate" the waveform…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,552 Views)

Thankyou for replying, can you please brief about how to read data from excel using labview functions and display it in graph. I am new to Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,545 Views)

Hi Chatla,

@Chatla wrote:

can you please brief about how to read data from excel using labview functions and display it in graph.

Are you using real Excel files (XLS* suffix?): use RGT functions.

When you use delimited text files then LabVIEW provides Spreadsheet file functions (aka DelimitedTextFile)…

@Chatla wrote:

I am new to Labview.

Did you notice those "Training resources" in the header of the LabVIEW board?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,538 Views)