LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application recovery

Does anyone know how application recovery should be done? I want the application to revert to the state it was before the power outage when the computer is suddenly powered off and then powered back on.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,006 Views)

At regular intervals keep writing the current state of the application to a custom file, if the application was closed properly, delete this file at close.

If the application was killed by a power outage, this file will not be deleted, during the application start look for this file and load the last good known state.

You've to define what should be stored in the file and what makes sense and what does not.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(992 Views)

@hy12369 wrote:

Does anyone know how application recovery should be done? I want the application to revert to the state it was before the power outage when the computer is suddenly powered off and then powered back on.

Of course, the best way is to prevent it from happening in the first place.  If it's a power outage you are worried about, then get battery backup.  If it's people you're worried about, sequester the computer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(987 Views)