LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application is not working even Labview 2018 RTE installed.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new in Labview programming. I create an application with labview 2018 32-bit using ActiveX. It is not working in another PC even i installed the same version of RTE. Please anyone help me to run that application. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,672 Views)

Hi wade,

It is not working in another PC

Define "not working"!

Any error codes? Which ones?

Not runnable? Error messages?

BSOD when starting?

I create an application with labview 2018 32-bit using ActiveX.

How do you create a LabVIEW executable using ActiveX?

Or does your EXE use any ActiveX components?

In case you use some ActiveX components: are they available on that other computer?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,667 Views)

Hi GerdW,

The application is "not working" in the sense of application is open but it is not working. And there is no error message and no any popup of error. 

I create an application with labview 2018 32-bit using ActiveX.

I mean to "I wrote a using ActiveX component and in the program i communicate to vehicle ECU with RS232 tool (Samtec)."  

In case you use some ActiveX components: are they available on that other computer?

Yes it is available on other computer.

Regards,

wade

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,646 Views)

Hi wade,

The application is "not working" in the sense of application is open but it is not working. And there is no error message and no any popup of error.

Again: can you start the EXE? If yes: what is"not working"?

Can't you even start the EXE? (broken run arrow) If yes: is there an error message when you try to start?

"Not working" is no error message i ever got from LabVIEW, so you need to explain your problem much better. What about screenshots or similar?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,641 Views)

The EXE file (applicaion) is working in the system in which it is developed; But it is not working in another system.

"not working" means EXE file open in another system but it is not working as programmed. I think the problem can be related with Run Time Engine.

I can't share the code or any screenshot it is an industrial project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,635 Views)

Hi wade,

"not working" means EXE file open in another system but it is not working as programmed.

So the EXE is running, but doesn't show the expected results? (You still didn't answer my questions in a clear way, IMHO.)

What about error handling in your program? Any errors while opening references, any errors when accessing hardware drivers, any errors when trying to save files?

When the EXE doesn't work as expected then there has to be a problem/error somewhere...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,630 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I got another problem with my LabView Program. The program I made with labview 2018 32 bit is running but if i create the application of same program it is not working but the same application works on target system and give the error attached below.

Do we need to license the labview RTE with Labview Development environment to build an application? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,539 Views)

Hi wade,

if you would read that message carefully you would notice it's about an ActiveX component!

Call this Samtec company to talk about licensing their software!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,524 Views)

Thanks for the reply GerdW,

I had checked the samtec software is fully licensed.

I think the problem is with RTE..

Do we need to license the labview RTE with Labview Development environment to build an application?

As the program is working but the application is not working.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,488 Views)

Hi wade,

The program I made with labview 2018 32 bit is running but if i create the application of same program it is not working but the same application works on target system and give the error attached below.

What is your "target system"?

Did you supply/install that Samtec license also on your "target system"?

I think the problem is with RTE..

I don't think so…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,485 Views)