LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder in Labview 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

I can build an exe file, but it will only let me add the top level vi from the labview llb, some of the sub-vi are added because it will run the 2nd level vi and then it gives me an error when I try to run the 3rd level vi. The problem is I cant see the subVI to add them from the library!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,520 Views)

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. You said you can build an exe, and then you immediately say that you can only add the top-level VI from the labview llb. So, can you build the exe or not? And that top-level vi from the "labview llb" are you talking about? What "labview llb" are you talking about. You do not add VIs that are shipped with LabVIEW. And what do you mean by "it will run the 2nd level"? What second level? Second level of what? And what does "I try to run the 3rd level vi". What does that mean?

Please explain your problem more clearly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,494 Views)

OK, perhaps I don't make myself clear. I have made a library with all of my VI's in, that I have written, to do some instrument control. Then I want to make an exe from ALL of these VI's. When I try to make an exe I can only see the top level VI to add to the build. The top level VI has subVI's which run depending on which buttons you press (2nd level) and then the 2nd level runs another subVI depending on which button you press, at this point it says it cant find the 3rd level VI.

I should also say, that when I add the top level VI to build the exe, this will run, but it looks to me as if it only adds the 2nd level VI's and not the 3rd level, because when I run the exe on the computer I made it on, it will give me an error mesage saying xyz.vi not found.

I hope this makes more sense.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,479 Views)

When you say you made a library did you make a .llb? If so, why did you make a library? LLBs should be used for distribution, not storage. There are many reasons for not using LLBs for storage. Like the fact that if one VI gets corrupted, then the whole LLB gets corrupted. Like the fact that it doesn't play well with source code control (which you ARE using, right?). Like the fact that it makes management a real hassle. Etc. Ditch the .llb.

It very much sounds like you are calling VIs dynamically. Dynamic VIs are not automatically included in the build. You have to add them yourself in the "Dynamic VIs" listbox in the "Source Files" section of the build spec.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SS_01

OK, thanks, but I inherrited the files and a massive software upgrade from the version it was written in! A llb used to be the only way of building apps!

I phoned tech suppport who have solved my problem. 🙂

I created a new poject, *dragged* the llb into 'my computer' in the project and then added the top file to the build of the exe and the support files to 'always included'; if you keep the file names / folders short, it works!

I hope this stops some one else from pulling their hair out!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,449 Views)