LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder help

Solved!
Go to solution

I just built my first executable, but I configured my VI's for serial using COM4, and termchar "D" but when VI closes setting reset to com1. Is there a way to permanently set termchar and visa resource name without having to select everytime application exectues? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,067 Views)

Sorry, I cannot look at VIs in LabVIEW 2021. Assuming these are controls, you just need to make the desired values the default. (e.g. enter desired values, select all desired controls...edit...make selected values default)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manny904

Before you save your VI:

1. Set the control to Com4
  2. Right click on the VISA resource name control
  3. Select "Data Operations" ---> "Make Current Value Default" from the pop-up menu
  4. Save your VI
  5. Build your executable
  6. The executable will now default to Com4

LVDef.jpg

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,037 Views)

I just completed my first application build, the VI runs fine with no problems. But when I run the executable, it doesn't communicate to hardware, check configuration of VI, and every is correct. Using windows 10, I attached the VI and the executable. I added both VI's auto and manual initialize but no response when using executable. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(1,998 Views)

Is this the same issue you had in this thread? Application builder help

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(1,994 Views)

Hey RSTLVU,

I made the changes to both VI's and created a new project but doesn't communicate when using executable but works with VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(1,991 Views)

Yes, I was able to make values default but the executable wont work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(1,986 Views)

So that's a different problem and hints at missing drivers or resources that are already in use. I assume your exe has some error handling? What does it complain about?

Did the original exe work after you change the control values once it is running?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(1,987 Views)

@Manny904 wrote:

Yes, I was able to make values default but the executable wont work.

Please answer my question here. (Maybe we should merges these threads?)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(1,982 Views)

Both VI's run without a problem no errors, and when executable is ran no issues. Could it be that I'm using both VI on the same com port?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(1,982 Views)