LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder doesn't include all subvis into executable

I am using LV 6.1 on Windows ME. When I create an application I select the top level vi and I also choose the option "single target file containing all vis". Under the VI settings tab I then see all the subvis, however, when I build the application and then open it on another computer (that has run time engine running on it), it starts asking for the subvis.

Does anybody know, what I am doing wrong? Thanks,

Jerome.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,416 Views)
Are you calling VIs dynamically (VI server, invoke nodes)? If so, you have to include these VIs in the Source Files tab.
Another possibilty - it's possible that the run-time engine on the other computer doesn't have all the VIs it needs. If the built exe runs fine on your computer, try creating an installer with all the functionalities added (serial comm, graphs and so on). Run the installer on the other machine. You can also try downloading the run-time engine and installing it seperately. If all this doesn't work, open your VI, select File>>Save with options and save your project as an LLB with the VI.lib files included. Then, try building that VI into an executable.

(2,399 Views)
Hi Jerome!

As did, tst, I would guess that you are calling subVIs dynamically in your top-level VI. You will need to manually include each of your VIs that you call dynamically. To do so, under the Support Files, you'll see that one of the buttons is Add Dynamic VI.

Also, make sure you have the same drivers installed on your other computer. For example, if your VI includes NI-DAQ programming, you will need to have NI-DAQ installed on the other PC!

Hope this helps!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,373 Views)