LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder - Generate Preview errors

Hi,

I am able to build an application, but when I try to build an installer, it says, "Error generating preview". 

When I go back to the properties of my application builder >> Preview, and click "Generate Preview", it comes back with errors telling me that one of my VI's "Refers to a missing LabVIEW class".  It has three instances of that error followed by a "Class conflict" error.

"- Model.lvclass:SelectIOclass.vi:
    Refers to a missing LabVIEW class
    Class conflict

<Call Chain>Error 1003 occurred at AB_Get_Detailed_BrokenVI_Message.vi -> AB_Targetfile.lvclass:Open_Top_Level_VIs.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Page_Preview.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it."

That doesn't make any sense, though, because the entire program will run, and there are no broken wires. 

The VI that it's referring to has a case structure with each instance filled with another .lvclass object inside of it, and each one directly corresponds with what is in my project.

Any help?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,786 Views)

Just some more information about the problem.  There is a .dll file included in the build folder that when I remove it from my computer, the files show up in the installer "Source Files", and the "Error generating preview" error is gone.  Obviously though, it still won't build because there is a file missing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,774 Views)

Hi cwoolly,

What is the .dll in the build folder which you remove and what does it have to do with your application?  Are you able to build the executable before you remove the .dll from the build folder?  Does it run as expected?

One common reason for this is a corrupt VI or corrupt references within the VI.  Have a look at this forum and see if the suggestions within help at all:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Getting-the-message-quot-Error-generating-preview-quot-when/m-p/5902...

Andrew T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,751 Views)

Sorry, I forgot to update. 

It turned out that it was a 2011 file, and I'm running LV 2012. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,743 Views)

I have also noticed in the past that when I try to build an exe and I have a VI open that is not included in the project where I am building the exe, I get a preview error.  One way around it is to close LabVIEW, reopen only the project with the VIs I want to build, and open the application builder window.  The preview should work.

Edit:  This was in LV 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,646 Views)