From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder handle errors

Hi,

I'm using the build.vi of the Application Builder to build several projects in LabView. I connected the errorIn and errorOut-Connectors to handle all the exceptions coming up, while my build is running.

My Ambition is to run that VI in the background and don't get any error-Windows prompted. If an error comes up, I want it to be written in a Textfile.

My question is, how can I stop labview showing error Windows, when a build fails?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,709 Views)

If you connected output error wires, you should be safe. However, if you want the program to continue with the next build, don't connect the wire to the next build vi, or use Clear Errors vi between consecutive builds.

Post your vi for a better advice.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,694 Views)

Hi,

I tried your solution, but it didn't work.

I also tried to figure out, at which point of runtime the error-window occures. It's inside the build.vi. So the build.vi prompts the error-window and returns the error at the error-out-connector.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,681 Views)

Since the block diagram of Build.vi is password protected, your goal cannot be reached.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,667 Views)

The Error Message contains a lot of information.  Did you deliberately "blank out" the names of the VIs listed in the Error Message as the VIs with the errors?  If so, it would be like asking us to help you with a Jigsaw Puzzle, but first you blind-fold us!  There's also no description of the code design you are trying to build, nor any VIs for us to scrutinize to find (your) error (it is possible this is a bug in LabVIEW, but much more likely it is an error in your code, or a missing toolkit or other problem with LabVIEW Installation, but without data, it is pointless to speculate ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,661 Views)

Oh dear...

But thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,660 Views)

I know about the missing installations.

My purpose is, to intercept such Errors in my VI and log them into a Textfile. The content of the error isn't important at the moment, it's the way the error is reported to me (should be a textfile, not Popupwindow)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,655 Views)

By design, Builds are something one does "manually" by interacting with the Project.  There are VIs that will let you programmatically build Applications by calling certain VIs, and it is possible (but unknown by me) that doing the Build in this manner would place the Errors on the Error Iine, where you could intercept and log them ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,651 Views)