LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder executable issue

I have created a vi that has several inputs, including frequency counters and current inputs.  I have created an executable using Application builder which works fine on the devlopment, just as if it is running in LabView.  When I run it on the target computer, the frequency inpus work fine, but the current inputs do not function.  I have verified that the signals are properly seen by the target computer by viewing them with NI Max.  How do I determine what is missing from the target computer environment?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,534 Views)

Hi rogerh.

Where are the signals comming from??

One great way to troubleshoot a build application is to enable Remote Debugging. This allows you to use propes, etc, inside the exe-file.

Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,490 Views)

Are you getting any errors? Are the error clusters hooked-up so you could see them if there were any?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,478 Views)

Guess I should have thought of that on my own...

I've now created a simple vi that just has the current inputs and it has the same behavior, works on the development pc but not on the target.  I have wired up the error out from the input task and do get an error on the target computer.  It is -200324, DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Current-Basic).vi: 1750002<append> <B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<1337>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,461 Views)
So, you created a task in MAX but did not export the hardware configuration on the development pc and include that with an installer. You did create an installer, didn't you?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,456 Views)

No I did not create an installer.  Guess I need to go back and find the information on how to do that. 

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
So, you created a task in MAX but did not export the hardware configuration on the development pc and include that with an installer. You did create an installer, didn't you?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,447 Views)

Have you hardcoded the names of the channels that you want to use?

Does the channels have the same name on the target PC as on the development PC ?

Take a look in NI MAX and verify the names.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,434 Views)