LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder Question: how to install several applications in the same computer?

I've created the second app form the first one; and only modify the VI's source code and the names and destionations in the builder.

I'm not sure I understand the first part of that, "created from the first one". Can you explain further?

Try installing A.exe, then write-protecting the file (properties in the explorer = READ ONLY).

then install B and see if A sticks around.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(324 Views)

You can find the GUID in the build spec for the installer under the version information. It is called the "Upgrade code". Did you happen to copy the project and build specs? If so, this is a common way to end up with two installers using teh same GUID.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 12 of 15
(324 Views)

Mark_Yedinak escribió:

You can find the GUID in the build spec for the installer under the version information. It is called the "Upgrade code". Did you happen to copy the project and build specs? If so, this is a common way to end up with two installers using teh same GUID.

That is what I exactly did. I copy all the project folder and reuse all that I can, including the building specs. I've tried to delete both application and installer builders and create a new ones from the begining. Now it works fine!

Thank you very much Mark and Steve for you useful help

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(318 Views)

@aespin wrote:

Mark_Yedinak escribió:

That is what I exactly did. I copy all the project folder and reuse all that I can, including the building specs. I've tried to delete both application and installer builders and create a new ones from the begining. Now it works fine!

Thank you very much Mark and Steve for you useful help

For future reference you can simply generate a new GUID after you have made the copy. The option is under the version setting in the installer, same place you can see what GUID is being used.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(311 Views)

There should also be a button in the build spec to generate a new GUID.  That could have saved you a little bit of time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(310 Views)