From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appending/saving data at intervals

I have a measuring computing 16bit daq I am using to record pressure data from a pressure transducer I've wrote code to save the data. I am trying to update and modify my code to save and append the data to a text file at a given interval so it wont overload and slow the computer down. I've attached the original data saving vi file and then my modified attempt at saving at a given interval. any advised or help is much appreciated

Charlie

Message 1 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Can't the DAQ read waveforms at a specific sampling rate?  That would make code a lot easier and give you a more deterministic sampling rate.

And then look at the Producer/Consumer architecture.  The idea is to log the data in parallel with the acquisitionloop by using a queue to pass the data to the logging loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,355 Views)

Thanks, this certainly is a more eloquent way of managing data. In my program and if I were to create a separate data loop I feel I just need to create a time array and use that to specify the save time interval?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,294 Views)

If you would like to write in chunks without overloading your computer, the simplest option is always creating a loop and setting a wait function in the loop to prevent it from writing too quickly. I do agree that looking at the Producer/Consumer architecture is definitely a good way to go as well.

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,278 Views)