LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append image to report

Hi,
I have a front panel object (Graph) that I want to print.
I figured out a way to do it with the Append image to report function of the report generation toolkit and an empty report.
However this function is asking for a filename.
So do I have to save an image of the graph first in order to use it or is there a more direct way?

Thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,192 Views)
Juergen,
The filename input is for the path of the image you want to append to report. This image is has to be stored somewhere for you to append it to the report.

However, you can use Append Front Panel Image to Report and specify the VI name. This VI will append the entire front panel to the report, so you should put your graph in a separate subVI with only that one object on its front panel.

I've attached an example (LabVIEW 7) that shows a way to print only one of the front panel objects in this case a graph. The llb contains a top level vi which generates and plots 20 random data points into a graph and a subvi that prints the graph if it is chosen to do by a pop-up.
This subvi uses standard Report Generation vi's of LabVIEW to create a repo
rt, appends the image of the graph to it using its reference and then prints the report.

If you just need to print the graph, without creating a report, you can use VI Invoke Node called Print Panel to Printer. If you set "Entire Panel?" input of this node to false, it will only print the visible panel area. You just need to adjust the panel size, or put the graph indicator in a subVI.

Zvezdana S.
Message 2 of 5
(3,190 Views)
Zvezdana,
thank you very much for your detailed answer. The way you did it in the attached example was exactly what I was looking for.

Juergen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,190 Views)

Dear friend,

can you tell me why, on the machine i'm using your example as a standalone executable, the print size can be different in relation with screensize?

If i use the program with 1280x1024 the graph is some pixels bigger than 1024x768.

I've got a problem witha bigger graphs that exit from margins.

Greetings

Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,925 Views)
Hi Stefano,

As this forum post is 4 years old, you may wish to start a new thread with your explicitly stated question in order for the community to better offer you assistance.

Thanks, and have a great day!
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,905 Views)