From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voltage ramp up and down

Hy,

I want to create a ramp. The signal should increase continual from 0. This is the preset for a analog output. The speed of a motor will go down. If the speed is 0 the signal should decrease from the present value to 0. Of course the speed of the motor will then increase again. I hope you can help me.

Thanks Pascal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,886 Views)
If you don't know how to create an array that does this, then just use the Ramp Pattern function. It's on the Signal Processing>Signal Generation palette. The functions palette has a search button. This works pretty well.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,884 Views)
Of course I can use an array. Am I right that I must must have for this an fixed point of return? But the value is every time different when speed of the motor is 0 because I have different motors. For Example the first time the ramp must go until 3, the next time until 3,5 and then till 5.

I tried it with the ramp pattern function and the case structur but I have some problems (When n>0 than increase, when n<0 than decrease). But when I compare the speed (if n<=0 than TRUE) it is only for a short time TRUE. Is there an possibility to set an value TRUE when I get an short impulse TRUE from the comparison?

Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,877 Views)
You don't have to use an array but that is the most convenient way to provide a ramp output from a DAQ board. If you want, you can use a single point analog output in a while loop. Pick the increment you want and with each iteration, add or subtract the increment from the previous value. The previous value would be contained in a shift register that would be initialized to zero. With each iteration, compare the existing value to the stop point in order to halt the while loop.
Message 4 of 5
(5,870 Views)
Hi Dennis,
my question is that how to control ramping time (Dwell) as using ramp pattern vi?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,777 Views)