From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append data to a table

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I am new to LabVIEW. I am working on a program for a project where I need to measure data populate a table when a button is clicked. 

Please see attached example VI even though it's not the actual program it explains only a simple part of it that I need help with. 

I need to write calculated values ​​​to the 1st and 2nd columns of the table each time when I click on the Read button. Most importantly I need to retain previous values ​​​​in the table and append new values ​​​to the table each time when I click the Read button. Attached VI I created does it exactly the way I want. But I used a local variable to get previous values ​​​from the table to append to new values. I am reading that's not a good practice to do it with a local variable like this. but I can't figure out a different way to do it. could someone explain to me why it's not good to do it with an LV as I have done and what's the best way to do it? Thank you  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ATX1122

Sorry, I don't have LabVIEW 2021 here, so I cannot see your code, but typically a shift register anchored on the toplevel loop is the way to go.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ATX1122

Simplfied, it could look as follows.

altenbach_0-1655883744978.png

(Both buttons are latch action. Other event is for the stop button)

Message 3 of 3
(701 Views)