LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App builder bug?

When I build an application with the app builder to a mapped network drive. App builder maps all "free" drive letters to that share. I end up with something like drives F-->Z mapped to the same drive. It's not a huge problem but is strange and a bit annoying. Does anybody know what it is and how to stop it from happening?

Thanks

Jacob Thastrup
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,483 Views)
Jacob,

I built an executable to a shared network drive here, and did not experience this behavior. I am using LabVIEW 6.0.2 with Windows 98. Are you running the latest version of LabVIEW? If not, I recommend you install the 6.0.2 update (if you're running LabVIEW 6) to see if the behavior still occurs.

Let me know if you're still having the problem, and we'll investigate further. Thanks for your patience on this issue, and have a good day.

Sincerely,
Darren Nattinger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,483 Views)
I'm running Labview 5.1.1 on a Win2K machine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,483 Views)
Jacob,

One of my colleagues has a Windows 2000 computer with LabVIEW 5.1.1 installed...I built an application from his computer to a mapped network drive, and did not see this behavior. I am not sure what the problem could be...perhaps it is something with your Windows 2000 network settings, although I have no idea where to begin in looking for it.

I apologize that I was unable to help you find a solution to this problem. I wish you luck with your application, and have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,
Darren Nattinger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)