From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any example of ChartSpace ActiveX control?

Hi,

I have been trying to use the Microsoft office ChartSpace control to display excel style charts.  The native LabVIEW charts and graphs do not give me the flexibility i need.  I am having a hard time getting started, initially I would like to plot a 2d array of values to a bar chart.  Does anyone have an example that would help me get going?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

I pay in KudosSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,610 Views)

Ok, so I have found enough information to do what I need now, there is a lot that can be done with ChartSpace!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,587 Views)

I am looking for something similar...

Can you help with some insights on exactly what you did?

I am particularly interested in how I actually insert the ChartSpace element in a form. Where do I find it? And how do I then get it into my form?

Once it is there - I beleieve I know how to access it from VBA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,393 Views)

Forms? VBA? Are we talking about LabVIEW here?

Regards,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,390 Views)

Actually we are talking about iFix - a SCADA development tool. Here you create "pictures" - which in e.g. Microsoft Access would be referred to as "forms": A graphical user interface, where you can have buttons, data fields and other graphical elements.

It has VBA and I can address and manipulate elements in my pictures from VBA. I.e. if I have a graph in my form - then I can populate the datasheet from VBA and refresh the graph in the form.

But - so far I have not found a way to actually insert a ChartSpace element into my form. iFix has other more specific chart-elements - but I need the general ChartSpace with the flexibility to create a chart just like I can do in Excel.

So - from your post it appears that you have managed to "insert" Charts in some other application - and my question is: What exactly didi you do? Did you drag and drop it from Excel of did you find some ActiveX-control somewhere as a toolbox... or what?

I hope it makes sense.

Diane

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,380 Views)

Diane,

This forum is only for LabVIEW. However, I can tell you that with labVIEW you can drop an ActiveX container down on the front panel and insert an activeX object.  The chart activeX control (Microsoft Office Chart 11.0) is part of Microsoft Office Web Components which can be downloaded free from microsoft.

Hope this helps,

Michael.

Message 6 of 8
(3,376 Views)

Sorry for intruding... I shall go search for the ActiveX on the Microsoft web site.

I believe I am coming close to solving my problem. I am just not very familiar with your terminology - what exactly do you mean when you refer to an "ActiveX container" - is that like a menu bar I somehow can enable or what?

Diane

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,368 Views)

Diane,

An activeX container in labview equates to placing an activeX reference on a VB form, I think.  Sorry I cannot help any further,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,366 Views)