LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ant+ USB with LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. Has anyone attempted to read sensor info via Ant+ USB into LabVIEW? I have some code that sort of works... regardless of whether I use the Dynastream provided driver or create a VISA driver using VISA Driver Wizard, I get the following errors in the LabVIEW VI "VISA Open":

"The specified VISA resource is not a USB device"
"Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Open. Possible reasons: The given session or object reference is invalid."

I've tried using both "VISA Defaults" and "Load Configured Settings" for the "access mode" of the resource.

Any insight would be appreciated. LabVIEW code is attached. The main program is "Ahad_Vectorfinalpstruct_JFA" in JFA_Mod\Jamie.

Thanks,
-Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfalesi

Hi jfalesi,

This is Roel in Applications Engineering at NI. Some more information about your project might be helpful in assisting you. Are you able to see the device in NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? If so, have you done a self-test? If yes to this also, try using the VISA test panels to interactively communicate with your task. Before troubleshooting code, it is best to follow these steps to ensure that the computer can indeed communicate with the resource.

Best of luck!

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,547 Views)

Thanks Roel.  I managed to get it working with the help of NI-MAX and the VISA test panels.  Incidentally, I did a forum search on ANT+ and turned up no useful information.  Is no one else attempting to get LV to communicate with an ANT+ device (a Garmin Vector pedal in my case), or are we all too busy working in it to post about it?  😉

-Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,292 Views)

Hello Jamie

I would like to read the data from the Garmin Vector pedals (Vector V2) in LabView. For this I use the Ant + USB Stick Garmin.

I have the following error messages:

10.JPG11.JPG

What settings you have made in MAX? Have you made changes to your VI (Ahad_Vectorfinalpstruct_JFA)?

for help I am very happy!

greeting

Ruedi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,882 Views)

Hi Ruedi.  Let me check and get back to you.  I have not worked on this project in quite some time - Unfortunately, I have been working in MATLAB lately 🙂

-Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,863 Views)

Can You please explain about last parameter "Checksum" in your program...

What is it, how it is defined...?

I read this:

https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Nordic/ANT-UserGuide.pdf 

In Caption 7 ANT Interface there is 7.1 Message structure. It says : 

CHECKSUM: XOR of all previous bytes including the SYNC byte

But in your program there is just checksum of one byte calculated...

For example in your "Reset Ant-USB receiver" part of the program (see attached image), You calculate checksum of 0 and 239. Why there is 239? Why checksum only of 0?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,116 Views)

I know this is years late, but... yeah, that code is OBE, especially since I hear that LabVIEW supports ANT+ now (or is it the other way around?)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,468 Views)