LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the LabVIEW 2009 Platform beta

We'll see what the mods think of his posts.  Now, back to NCAA basketball.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 38
(2,005 Views)
Perim: 64-bit is still a nightmare on Linux :(.  I would have thought it would be leeps and bounds ahead of Windows by now, but sadly that is not the case.  I run 32bit Linux on my dual boot setup...but I use LabVIEW in Windows.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 38
(2,002 Views)

STTLLER wrote:

Just to set the record straight, "I'm not Stiller". 😄

Message 33 of 38
(1,988 Views)
At least I hope they will update their font support on Linux, which is so out of date as to be entirely unusable.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 38
(1,939 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

There seems to be a pattern.  Every few days he appears with half dozen "I'm here" posts.  Then nothing.  Then the cycle repeats.

One time he is stellar from Canada, the other time Joseph from London. Well there probably is a London in Canada too 🙂

Anyways!

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 35 of 38
(1,934 Views)

rolfk wrote:

One time he is stellar from Canada, the other time Joseph from London. Well there probably is a London in Canada too 🙂

Anyways!

Rolf Kalbermatter

Aaahh Yes!  I forgot about London, Ontario.  Usually when someone mentions just London, first thought is going to be the more famous one.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 38
(1,903 Views)

Any word on 64bit and/or 32bit application builder cross compiling? Or will we need to have 2 versions (and licenses) of LabVIEW and app builder to do this?

Regards

Ruben 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 38
(1,730 Views)

drclaw wrote:

Any word on 64bit and/or 32bit application builder cross compiling? Or will we need to have 2 versions (and licenses) of LabVIEW and app builder to do this?

Regards

Ruben 

I wouldn't know but I don't think that is high on the list. The technical problems to create an application in one envionment that knows how to deal with the other is not as easy. A 32Bit LabVIEW knowing how to create 64 Bit applciations is almost 100% sure not feasable, since LabVIEW does use OS services to finalize an executable and 32 Bit Windows has none of them for 64 Bit Windows.

The opposite might in theory be possible, but it would probably be not very easy either and 64 Bit LabVIEW is still more a proof of concept (working seemingly well) than a full featured product. I doubt they have much sales for the 64 Bit version partly also because there is still limited support for Toolkit, and NI hardware drivers for that, but also since there are not to many people using 64 Bit OSes outside of server applications.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 38
(1,717 Views)