From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation label on graph (append)

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir,

Can anyone teach me how can i maintain the history of the previous annotations that i defined on a graph earlier? Right now, it seems that once i create another new annotation list, all the previous annotations that i define earlier will be cleared.

Attach is an example to create one annotation list. How do i maintain the previous annotations if i create another new annotation list again?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,567 Views)

You would store your array of annotations in a shift register, then build any new annotations onto that array and write them back to the property node.

Though your VI is missing a loop to keep it running.  Is this a subVI of another VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,565 Views)

Dear Ravens,

If one of my annotation list output is already 1 D array and the other annotation list is also 1D array, how do i actually combine them to a new annotation list? Both annotation arrays have different dimensions and i cant combine them together resulting in an error.

Is there any way to work around this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,543 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joven

Build Array.

Right click on the function and select Concatenate Inputs.  It will take two 1-D arrays and append them to each other giving you one longer 1-D array.  Its normal mode when you first drop it would be for that not to be selected, in which case, it would take the two 1-D arrays and make them into one 2-D array.

Message 4 of 4
(2,534 Views)