LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analogue input and output simultaneous through NI uSB-4431

I am working on a project in which I have to output a square wave signal through USB-4431 and apply it to a circuit. Then I have to input the response signal from the circuit back to the USB-4431 and plot it against the output signal. The program attached to this query plots the two signals but there is a delay in both of the signals. 

How can I get the output response of the circuit and the output square signal at the same time ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(778 Views)

Few points why you don't get the right response,

1. DSA devices are not an appropriate instrument to generate a square wave, DSA devices are meant to generate clean sine waves (you would have observed that the generated square wave is not really a square but a combination of sines)
  2. You need to synchronize both AO and AI - refer to the available techniques here https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/10/dynamic-signal-acquisition--dsa--sync...
    • You can use sample clock synchronization to keep it simple
  3. Please note that there is always a delay associated with the digital filters at the input/output of delta-sigma ADC/DAC, this may vary and you need to compensate for those
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(740 Views)

Hi Yum,

some hours ago you asked the same question with a USB-6003 in mind

The same techniques apply for the solution: use the same sample clock and/or a start trigger for both tasks.

LabVIEW comes with a huge example library, which contains examples on DAQmx usage…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(738 Views)