LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output from file (timing problem)

Hi everybody,

I just started using LabView. I'm trying to generate non periodic waveform from text file. I have managed to solve problem with a while loop (similar to Gen Mult Volt Updates-SW Timed example - see Attachment). The problem with while loop is minimum time interval of 1 ms. I must generate 8192 samples in 80 ms so I need to find another method. In future, I'll be using 4 analog outputs.

Every help will be apreciated.

Tomislav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,767 Views)
I forget to attach .vi and data file.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,759 Views)
Wrong example to base you code on. You are using software timed output. Much better would be Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk. Create a wavefrom data type from the file read (Build Waveform function) and calculate the necessary sample rate.
Message 3 of 5
(2,744 Views)
Thanks a lot, but I still have problem. I'm using Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int-Dig Start.vi example. Which vi should I use to convert 1-D array to waveform type ? I found Build Waveform(Analog Waveform) but I get "object not found" message. I'm using LabView 8.5.1 Full Professional.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,719 Views)

Programming >>> Waveform >>> Build Waveform

is resizable and you can right click to choose the "Y" input for your array of data and "dt" is the update rate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(2,705 Views)