LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog input ADC triggered by signal from labview instead TTL external trigger.

Hi Everybody.

I would like to synchronize a analog input channel in order to register a external signal but I need to synchronize the ADC from a USB-6002 with a internal signal generated from Labview which is another analog output instead the DAQmx Start Trigger TTL or analog external input obtained from USB-6002. How can I achive that?

Regards

Oscar Ch.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,754 Views)

First, lose the Sequence -- they are almost never needed in good LabVIEW code (experts know when/how to use them, but beginners are usually better advised to use Data Flow and connect the Error Lines to determine the sequence of routines).

I see you are using the Dreaded DAQ Assistant, designed to give you the appearance of "ease of use" by simplifying DAQmx (which is pretty powerful and not that complicated) so that you can't figure out how to do "simple things".

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was "Why not simply call Start Task when you want the ADC to start running", but that was before I saw the DDA (Dreaded DAQ Assistant).  I'm uncertain what you mean by "a(n) internal signal generated from Labview (LabVIEW) which is another analog output".  

• Do you have LabVIEW code that is generating an analog output signal and you want to use the value of that signal as a trigger?
  • If LabVIEW is generating a signal, is it a slowly-changing signal taking multiple values (and if so, what are the parameters, e.g. "a ramp going from 0 to 5v over 5 seconds, output at 100Hz) or a two-value "step function" (e.g. "0 or 5v, changing every few seconds")? 
  • Is the USB-6002 doing everything?  I assume you are using AI0 for the input, but are any other channels being used for the points mentioned above?  It would be helpful to know how you are configuring the ports of your 6002.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,726 Views)