LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occured trying to load the assembly 3.5. bug?

Dear friends,

There are 3 ways to open a VI in labview.

- double klik on a VI in win explorer

- file -> open.. -> selecting a VI

- start labview and select the VI as last saved

When I load the VI like the 3e way I get an error when I want to open the .net dll.

But strangly when I open it like the 1e and 2e way the dll does not give an error.

Can anyone help me with this? Maybe I do something wrong.

gr,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,690 Views)

Anyone known with this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,663 Views)

Can someone help me with the problem I mentioned above?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,622 Views)

Apparently your message got buried in the flood of messages on this board.

What is the error? Is this a private assembly that you are opening? Where is the assembly located? Does it rely on other private assemblies? If the code is not too complex can you upload it? What version of LabVIEW are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,617 Views)

The DLL is a 3.5 .NET version build by a customer.

I have some print screens of how the error shows up.

- Start labview

- Select the VI in recent files

The ok1.jpg shows the dll when I opened with file->open->....vi or by double clicking it in explorer(labview is not opened when opening it with explorer).

Note that once the vi is opened and the error appeared it will always give an error, it does not matter is I close the vi and open it with file->open->....vi.

Also when opened with explorer or open->file->.....vi it allways goes ok even if I close the vi and then open it with recent....

The dll's are located op the desktop in a folder.

Im using labview 2010 f4

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,609 Views)

I don't quite understand your description of the problem. What is ok1.jpg supposed to show? Is this what you get after the VI is loaded and you select the constructor and choose "Select Constructor"? What is error1.jpg supposed to show? This seems to imply that you're feeding a pathname that's wrong, and the method you're calling is basically complaining.

Where are the DLLs relative to the VI? Are you aware of the search algorithm for .NET assemblies? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yx7xezcf%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,602 Views)

The Ok1.jpg shows how it looks when I open the vi with open->file->'example.vi'

The error1.jpg and error2.jpg shows how it looks when I open the vi with open->recent files->'example.vi'

So the question is now whats the difference when opening a vi with open->file->'example.vi' and open->recent files->'example.vi'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,595 Views)

Will try to install labview 2010 sp1 tommorow, see if that solves the problem.

I really dont understand the difference between open->file->'example.vi' and open->recent files->'example.vi'.

Ofcourse I checked that the path of the files are the same.

gr,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,585 Views)

The only real difference between those two is that "recent files" is a special folder that contains shortcuts. So, it's possible the OS is messing this up. What version of Windows are you running? In order to track down the issue someone is going to have to try to replicate it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,574 Views)

Im running windows XP sp3.

But the problem occurs when I want teststand to open it. It does not work if teststand opens the via through labview.

And why is it not possible to make a construtor woth the dll?

When opening it as recent I deleted all the data, then added a contructor but I get error2.jpg when I want to add the dll.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,572 Views)