LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always asking for saving sub.vis

Hi, me again,

everytime I close a vi, even an unchanged one, I get asked, if I want to save all sub.vis. Can I change this setting?

thx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,722 Views)
Well, something has changed to require LabVIEW to recompile your VI and subVIs. This could be as something as simple as moving the subVIs to a different folder. What does it say when you click on the Explain Changes button? If you do save all subVIs, that dialog will disappear the next time you open the main VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,713 Views)
no, no changes were made, even when I put a express.vi in and delete it again, because I do not need it, the message window opens, asking me if I want to save the sub.vis of this express vi. It is quite bothering.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Hello Robert,

if you place something in a vi and delete it some time after then you have changed something. So LabView has to recompile and so wants to save this vi...

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,692 Views)
If LabVIEW loads VIs or SubVIs generated by an elder version of LabVIEW, it automatically recompiles the code - even if you dont run the vi.
This results in a change of the compiled portion of the code - the portion of code that is running when you start the VI. That is why LabVIE is detecting changes in the vi even though you did not do anything yourself.
There is one thing you can do: use the masscompilation to update a whole directory of VIs. You find this option in the menu tools-> advanced -> masscompile. Depending on the number of VIs this will take some time, because every VI has to be loaded, recompiled and saved. Mind that afterwards you wont be able to open the VIs with elder LabVIEW versions.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
Message 5 of 5
(2,679 Views)