From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alicat Scientific MC series LabVIEW control

Hi Still Broken,

I appreciate your comment because that is exactly the situation that I am in. I am using labView 2011 and need to control several alicat MFCs with a BB9-USB. I could envision doing this by directly providing and reading analog voltages, but I would prefer to use the USB/Serial interface for communication. Would you be willing to share the legacy version of your labview program with me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(2,398 Views)

Gentlemen,

Alicat can provide versions of our most current drivers, saved back as far as 2009 format.  Please feel free to drop me an email and I can provide legacy versions of the newest drivers.

Jesse Arenstein

Lead Applications Engineer

jarenstein@alicat.com

Alicat Scientific, Inc.

7641 N. Business Park Drive

Tucson, AZ 85743 USA

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(2,355 Views)

Hello,

thanks a lot for your reply,

i just emailed you

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(2,337 Views)

can I get a copy of your Alicat driver?

Nathan Chupp | LECO Sr. Test Engineering Technician
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(2,300 Views)

Can you email  your drver in a zip to me @ nathan_chupp@lecotc.com

Nathan Chupp | LECO Sr. Test Engineering Technician
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(2,299 Views)

Hello All,

The Main link for downloading the Labview Drivers is here:  http://www.alicat.com/support/software-drivers/

If you need an older version saved let me know I can provide that via email.

Jesse Arenstein

Lead Applications Engineer

jarenstein@alicat.com

Alicat Scientific, Inc.

7641 N. Business Park Drive

Tucson, AZ 85743 USA

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(2,293 Views)

Hi Dave,

I realise it's a long time in the future but if you could also email me the zip file I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ethan

ethanlgardner@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,989 Views)

Ethan,

My driver development was provided to Alicat a couple of years ago.  They've since made modifications and made it their own.  Follow the links provided by Jesse Arenstein or just visit their website and look under their support heading.

This forum thread is probably still a good place to return if you have implementation questions or any other issues in code development that are Alicat-specific.  I suspect a number of other Alicat users are notified of activity and we would all be able to help.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,980 Views)

Hi Dave,

if your offer is still valid. I would like to kindly ask you for your sandbox. We just acquired a CODA ALICAT. I am a newbie to Labview and would like to get the help from your code to understand Labview.

kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(115 Views)

Adria123,

Unfortunately for you, I changed employers in 2019 and am no longer working with Alicat devices in my present role (so, unfortunate for me, too - they were a superb class of instruments!).

I wasn't familiar with the MODA line of flowmeters until now - I see that they're coriolis-based, instead of the more traditional laminar-flow-based units.  While they offer lots of interfacing options, at first glance, they appear to still offer the more traditional ASCII-based interface, hopefully as default.  That would mean the Alicat LabVIEW drivers should work.  You can download them for free from here.

You'll still use the driver package Alicat designates as "2014", regardless of if you're using a more current release of LabVIEW.  With a minimum of effort, and the proper interface cabling, you should be able to make that work.

I think this forum thread may still have some value for you if you get started and have follow-up questions.  Like me, others who've been here may have enabled notifications of new thread activity and can respond.  If you're completely new to LabVIEW programming, you will definitely want to use some of the online tutorials before diving into this project.  This specific forum thread will be appropriate for questions pertaining to setting up and using the flowmeters.

Good luck!  You don't know it yet, but the existence of all that instrument driver code will be a huge boost once you have it in place and learn how to call it.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(104 Views)