From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After creating an installation package, the color of my text has changed

I am using LabVIEW 8.5.1;  I wrote up code and created an installation package.  When I used the installer to install my code onto a new machine, i noted that many of the labels of items on panels that were previously in black text are now in white text.  Did I miss something when I created my installation?

For example, I have a VI with many numerical displays, buttons,....about 2/3 of them have changed to a white text on their labels.  On the source code, the selected text is 14pt application font for all of them.  why did some change and others did not? 

As an aside, if I just make an executable and transfer it to a machine (yet a third machine), the labels are all correct (in black font); 

Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,638 Views)

Hi holleytx,

maxbe you use different fonts for some of your controls. If you move your code from one pc to another or from development enviroment to runtime, it could be that you have different settings for these fonts. Compare the LabView ini files.

Hope it helps.
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,626 Views)

I am using 14pt application font for all of the label text.  The 2nd and 3rd computers do not have labview installed, just the runtime engine and the executable (installed through the "installer" package that you can create);

On a side note, i have put the executable on a 4th computer, in this case, I just transferred the executable (did not use the "installer") and on that machine, I do not see the label text change colors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,616 Views)

One more experiment....

on the 4th PC I removed the executable we used and instead used the installer to reinstall the latest version.  All the label text colors are correct!

So currently only PC#2 and PC#3 have this mysterious coloration issue

PC1- XP, LabVIEW 8.5.1, MS Office, Adobe

PC2-Vista, runtime version only, no MS Office/Adobe

PC3-Laptop XP, runtime version only, no MS Office/Adobe

PC4-XP, runtime version only,  MS Office, Adobe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,608 Views)
I think its a fair possibility that the machines have different fonts available. Microsoft Office installs quite a few new fonts, and updates certain windows components related fonts. Its possible that the run time references these fonts or updated components. Its also the only commonality between the PCs without the coloration. If you can, try installing MS Office on the 4th PC.
Asa Kirby
CompactRIO Product Marketing Manager
(2,583 Views)

Hi Mike, i too have a similar problem in that my installer makes my tables cell BG colour all black when deployed onto another PC.  Can you tell me where i can compare the .ini files?

Best Regards,

Grant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,273 Views)