LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new variables to subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

After importing my DLL LabView import wizard kindly created Vi-s for me, i specified which variables i want to be shared or not. 
I also have the main vi where i use all my DLL functions as subvi-s 
I manually added a variable in the subvi that i want to receive in the main vi (i want subvi to do some stuff apart from just containing my DLL function I/O)

I make it similar to my function output variables. But when i add this subvi to the main vi i still see the same amount of terminals on it.

How do i properly create a variable in subvi which i can access from my main vi? Am i doing something wrong? I thought i need to reconfigure the subvi to specify new variable accessibility, but i couldn't find a way to do it...

Thanks in advance!

PS I'm new to LabView and i don't know it that good yet, it takes time to find things i need because i don't know where they are...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,197 Views)

Hi Kitt,

How do i properly create a variable in subvi which i can access from my main vi?

Are you talking about in/out values, connected in the ConnectorPane of your subVI?

(LabVIEW doesn't use "variables" in the sense of textual programming.)

Am i doing something wrong?

I don't know. You didn't attach any code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(3,183 Views)

Did you learn how to use the Connector Pane yet?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 9
(3,180 Views)

After importing my DLL LabView import wizard kindly created Vi-s for me, i specified which variables i want to be shared or not. 
I also have the main vi where i use all my DLL functions as subvi-s 
I manually added a variable in the subvi that i want to receive in the main vi (i want subvi to do some stuff apart from just containing my DLL function I/O)

I make it similar to my function output variables. But when i add this subvi to the main vi i still see the same amount of terminals on it. (My output var does not appear)

How do i properly create a variable in subvi which i can access from my main vi? Am i doing something wrong? I thought i need to reconfigure the subvi to specify new variable accessibility, but i couldn't find a way to do it...

Thanks in advance!

PS I'm new to LabView and i don't know it that good yet, it takes time to find things i need because i don't know where they are...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,179 Views)

Hi Kitt,

please stick with your thread instead of creating a new thread for the very same topic!

(Especially after you got the first responses.)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,167 Views)

I'm sorry, Chrome bugged out, could not create the thread for some reason (please try again in a few minutes), maybe it created several threads or smth...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,157 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Are you talking about in/out values, connected in the ConnectorPane of your subVI

Yes, exactly. Now i know how this thing is called at least so i can go and learn how to use it properly. Maybe you could tell me how to deal with my specific problem to save me some time?

Offtopic - Captcha makes me sick already. Cant reply to the message for the fifth time. "Error: verification failed"
Six. This website hates me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K_I_T_T

Hi Kitt,

Maybe you could tell me how to deal with my specific problem to save me some time?

Learn about using the connector pane.

It is explained in the LabVIEW help (there's a "basics"/"first steps" chapter) and in the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 9
(3,138 Views)

Ok, I will 
Thank you for your patience and help
😃

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,134 Views)