From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding intensity to 3d parametric graph

@Sousuke wrote:

My issue is applying the intensity map to the sphere. I can only find examples of 3D intensity plots are of a 2D surface with height, not a 3D object where there may be two different heights for a given x and y, and of those they have a color ramp mapped to z. It may be that I don't fully understand how the color matrix work. Does the color matrix allow you to set each point on a 3D object?

The lumpy sphere above is the first indication that I have seen that this is possible. The antenna mapping is an example of everything else I have seen 2D surface with height.

I imagine the answer is I am making this too hard on myself and missing something simple.

Sousuke

Quoting myself from above;

"

"There is nothing new under the sun." Eclesiastes

See this thread starting at post # 7 I offered a series of posts that serve as a worse case tutorial.

All of the code is included.

"

The example I posted (complete with data and comments) shows you that I am using XYZ and W to control the image. the quad (XYZW) tells us where in space the point is located (XYZ) and the W value is used to select the color.

If that still doe not clear things up, post image of your code AND your code and explain where things get weird.

Trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 13
(1,098 Views)

Basically, what I did to generate that antenna plot above was take the three dimensional data that I had, converted them to matrixes and added a 4th matrix (magnitude) for the color map using the "CWPlot3D==>Plot3DParametricSurface" invoke node.

You will have X,Y,Z (coordinates) in matrix format, and the W matrix is just the magnitudes.  The W matrix is then mapped to colors that you can define.  I've attached some details.  I hope this helps...

- Sufu

Message 12 of 13
(1,096 Views)

Thanks, I got there in the end.

Sousuke

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,066 Views)