LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding .apk Android file to LabVIEW program

I have an Android .apk file that I want to add to my LabVIEW program. It needs to be added exactly after the speech synthesizer is done with delivering the speech that I have inputted. I'm not quite sure how this can be done through bluetooth. Can anyone please help me on this. It would be really helpful. I'm using myRIO for this entire task. 

The name of the file in the zip folder is Face Recognition with Point Following.lvproj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,776 Views)

What do you want to do with the APK file. This is an Android package file for an Android application and won't run on the myRIO in any way as the myRIO is NOT running Android but a special flavor of Linux that NI created.

For the myRIO system an APK file is nothing more than a bunch of unintelligent bytes.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,770 Views)

Is there any way i can integrate an android app with labview?

My basic aim is to choose a room number from the android app and then send that data to the labview program so that my robot can give directions to the person about the location of the room he selected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,747 Views)

Hi Gg,

you can have your Android app send the data over the network to your myRIO.

The myRIO can handle (nearly) all different kinds of network communication!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,732 Views)

Hey GerdW,

Could you please provide me more information on how to do that? It would really help me to start off.

Regards,

Gg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,728 Views)

Hi Gg,

LabVIEW comes with a huge example library.

There are also example VIs explaining UDP, TCP and NetworkStreams!

With your APK you will use some TCP communication, I guess…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,723 Views)

The point is that an Android app will only run under Android, so if you have to run this particular app, then you'll need some hardware running Android (e.g. a tablet or a phone) to run the app on. Do you have something like that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,710 Views)

Yes i'll be having a smartphone.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,703 Views)

You haven't said much about the app, is it something you created? Can it communicate with your LabVIEW program over the network?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,700 Views)

Yes I have created it and saved it as an .apk file. I'm trying to figure out how to make it communicate with my LabVIEW program. 

I need help regarding the communication part.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,695 Views)