LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a graph with Extended features in LabVIEW NXG WebVI

This might belong in the idea exchange but I am looking to add a graph with additional features to my WebVI. My application receives data from a c-RIO and displays both numeric and graphical data. I have a graph on the front panel but as we all know the features are limited.

I have seen examples of graphs built in JavaScript and I was wondering if there was a way to included those graphs in the WebVI? Seems doable since we can inject HTML code and CSS. And the block diagram is converted into JavaScript upon building the project. And seeing as the JSLI can be used to run external code in the project as well, this seems possible.

Has anyone tried of attempted to do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,251 Views)

Seems doable since we can inject HTML code and CSS. And the block diagram is converted into JavaScript upon building the project. And seeing as the JSLI can be used to run external code in the project as well, this seems possible.

Has anyone tried of attempted to do this? 

Generally speaking it is possible to integrate a 3rd party JavaScript Library to create a new control in a WebVI. The difficulty depends on the library and you may need to write helper functions / wrappers to tie the JS and WebVI together via the JSLI.

The topic Creating UI Elements with JavaScript is a good starting point that shows how to use the NXG 5 HTML Placeholder Container (which allows moving and placing the custom control on the panel like any other control) along with the JSLI to invoke functions in a JavaScript library.

1. What are the types of visualizations or features missing from the WebVI graphs and charts that are leading you to consider integrating a 3rd party library?
  2. Are there specific libraries that you are trying to integrate?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,231 Views)

Milan,

Ill look into the link you sent. 

Im looking to add more visual flare and not look so much like a LabVIEW program. Also, im looking for the ability to "zoom" in and out of a particular dataset coming in. Mostly like selecting a drop down for 1 min, 5 min, and 1 hour and the graph showing that amount of data but still updating the new data. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,213 Views)