LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Error codes from module to exe

I am trying to build an application to interact with a cRIO. When running it on the development machine everything works fine and if there is an error I get an error message from simple error handle:

PeterFoerster_0-1610563050313.png

However, when I run the application on the target computer I get that the error code is undefined. 

How can I "teach" my application the error codes from the module? The module I am using is SoftMotion, but the problem is probably not limited to that.

I also tried adding Soft Motion Run time to the installer, but that wants to be activated. I also don't need SoftMotion to run my Windows application, so I'd like to leave it out if possible.

Any help is appreciated!

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,091 Views)

@PeterFoerster wrote:

I am trying to build an application to interact with a cRIO. When running it on the development machine everything works fine and if there is an error I get an error message from simple error handle:

PeterFoerster_0-1610563050313.png

However, when I run the application on the target computer I get that the error code is undefined. 

How can I "teach" my application the error codes from the module? The module I am using is SoftMotion, but the problem is probably not limited to that.

I also tried adding Soft Motion Run time to the installer, but that wants to be activated. I also don't need SoftMotion to run my Windows application, so I'd like to leave it out if possible.

Any help is appreciated!

The error is actually being reported correctly, but it occurred at an unidentified location.  I misread it the first time, also, because you almost never see the "unidentified location" message.  It it's "un-something", it's almost always "undefined".

I'm sot sure what it means when running on a target, but in development mode, it means the VI where it occurred only exists in memory - i.e., it has yet to be saved to disk.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,082 Views)

Oh, sorry. It didn't attach my second screenshot, which is what this is actually about:

PeterFoerster_0-1610569409935.png

So as I said: It seems that my application can't interpret the error code. How do I include it in the exe or installer?

P.S.: The unidentified location is only because I just connected an error cluster and didn't fill out the soruce string.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,069 Views)