From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actplot property node

I am using "Property Node" to make some of my input data visible and in-visible in the waveform chart.
I have 13 inputs for now and the number is still increasing.
The type of sink to the "Actplot" is "integer".
In order to set different cases, which I have 4, I have to set 52 property node to make it possible.
Can anyone give me any suggestion for better way to do that?
52 is not much, just too crazy....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,431 Views)
Put your booleans in an array and stick the property nodes in a for loop.

[edit: forgot to attach image / example]

Message Edited by jasonhill on 12-08-2005 02:51 PM

Message Edited by jasonhill on 12-08-2005 02:51 PM

Message 2 of 13
(4,422 Views)

What if cases are not just that simple.

For example, 4/13 are visible, 9/13 are invisible.

Is there anyway I can send a message as " [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] [T F T F T T T F F T F T F] " to the property node ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,404 Views)
This is the neat thing about using the index on the for loop.  As long as your booleans are in order in the array, each iteration of the for loop will index the array, check the boolean value at that index, and perform acordingly.

[T F T F T T T F F T F T F] would turn on 0,2,4,5,6,9,11 and the rest would be off.
Message 4 of 13
(4,397 Views)
Thanks a lot.
Your advisement is very useful.

Dave  
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,394 Views)
An alternative solution could be to use a listbox and to show/hide the plots according to the selection.
See the attached vi.
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 6 of 13
(4,390 Views)
I am here for the stars. to help.  Robot Very Happy
Message 7 of 13
(4,384 Views)
I like that idea a lot.  List boxes seem like a more intuative UI interface than a bunch of boolean switches.

I get the following warning when I load in 8.0

"Display plot.vi
    - You will no longer recieve mouse up events after a drag and drop operation.  You will recieve the Drag Ended event for the drag source control instead."

I think that has something to do with the event structure, but not sure what the implications are.
Message 8 of 13
(4,375 Views)
Thank you, chilly charly.
I had something similar with that before, but yours is defintely much better than mine. Smiley Sad

All I need this time is setting up 4 cases.
Maybe the first one is make 0,1 2 visible.
Secind is 3,4,5 visible ... etc.

But I do want to learn how you make that one.
Thanks for your effort again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,374 Views)
I suspect that this can be done quite elegantly with an event structure, but I do not understand them well enough to set it up.  If you could set one up to detect when a slider is moved and capture where it is moved from and where it is moved too, you could use a loop like the one attached.  One loop to turn off the three you are moving from and one loop to turn on the three you moved to.
Message 10 of 13
(4,359 Views)