LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Control for OpenOffice calc?

Hello,

I am having openOffice 3.2.1 and I would like to create an activeX control.

Could anybody knows about ActiveX Object for OpenOffice calc.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,969 Views)

Maybe this could be interesting for you (or not): There is an example (message 10) in the French forum but with a .NET assembly . I tried the example (cell read and cell write) with openOffice 3.2 and it's working.

JM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,960 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I need the control in front pannel, so that user can see live update. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,952 Views)

You can check the Open Office RGT addon on LAVA if AODL supports the desired behavior.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,936 Views)

Felix,

I did check, but I did not find. Report generation tool is used for templates.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,908 Views)

Could you provide some more information on what exactly you are trying to accomplish?

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,865 Views)

Hi Treece.

See attached. I created that control with web browser. I need the same with ActiveX Control. So that I can update the cells on live.

If you are still not clear then please let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,855 Views)

Hi Treece,

Sorry I did not attach report spreadsheet and also I forgot to mention that you need to have openoffice in your PC in oder to run vi, which was attached in my last message.

Thanks,

Sashi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,842 Views)

I am not familiar with the ActiveX calls in OpenOffice.  It seems like you know how to use ActiveX in LabVIEW, but I would also take a look at this link.  This is an example of using ActiveX to call Excel.  You can use this as a template for calling OpenOffice.  Unfortunately, like I said, I am not familiar with the ActiveX calls for OpenOffice.

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,810 Views)