LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Control (CWGraph3D) Update Efficiently In Front Panel

Hi All,

I‘m using  ActiveX Control (CWGraph3D) to show and update radar trace targets, but when I was updating more trace data (maybe more than 600+ trace targets), the ActiveX Control (CWGraph3D)  may needed more time to update (especially when the CWGraph3D front panel was not minimized ),and it could be exceed radar trace data cycle time, which caused the CWGraph3D front panel could not update trace target timely.

I had tried to defer panel updates when data was updating, but it seemed did't worked with ActiveX Control. So I want to know how can I update trace target timely in CWGraph3D control?

Best Regards,

Jieqiang

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(460 Views)

You probably have to separate your acquisition loop from your visualization loop.

The acquisition loop should probably run as fast as possible, the visualization loop only has to update 30 times per second, and use the most recent data. There's usually no point in updating all the data for visualization.

A 1 element queue often works nicely. The acquisition loop loosely enqueues it's most recent data, the visualization loop dequeues so it will get no data, or the most recent data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(427 Views)