LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring data from instruments and wiring it to a while loop

Hello,

I am very new to labVIEW and was thrown into a project.  Essentially what I am trying to accomplish is to acquire data from my four sensors and use that data to compute drag.  In order to compute the drag, an initial guess at what the drag is must be given and then calculations are carried out in a while loop that converges on a solution once the difference between the current drag output and the previous drag estimate falls below a certain percentage.  I am continuously acquiring data so I need some sort of way to incoporate a timer to allow time for the while loop to converge and then output the drag value.  Right now I am generating a signal since I do not have the sensors hooked up and labVIEW will not let me connect the signal generator to the while loop and gives me an error that I have connected two terminals of different types.

If I could figure out how to wire my DAQ assistants to the while loop I could figure everything else out

Thank You,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,952 Views)

Hi Ellen,

I might need a little more information before I can help you. How are you simulating your signals? If you're using the DAQ assistant express VI, are you simulating hardware in MAX? Or are you using the simulate signal express VI?

Alos, what VIs or functions do you have inside the while loop that you are trying to connect to?

Perhaps posting a screenshot would be useful. I'm sure we will be able to solve your problem.

Here is a help page that you might find useful.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4656

Joel G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,929 Views)

how bout a while loop such as in the vi attached where you watch the display for your convergence value and then manually stop the acquisition?

The vi attached measure an encoder output for distance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,914 Views)