LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire Bosch IVAS Sensor Device (Ethernet) sensor data

Hello,

I have a Bosch sensor IVAS Sensor Device (Ethernet)  and I want to acquire data from it .

there are many confusion , I have tried UDP and TCP protocol both for read and write.

Even, Tcp write for Handshaking and UDP for read , it gives me error  that port is already in use (Though I am not using this port anywhere else).Is this possible TCP write and  UDP read?

But still I am not able to acqurie the Vibration data.

I am also attaching my VI and data sheet for the sensor

Regards

Vishal kaushik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,582 Views)

If you know deutsche you can read this too 😁

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,579 Views)

Hello ,

Really appreciate if somone can help me with solutions

I have connected Bosch sensor over ethernetand want to acquire the data on my VI running on PC

1.I am getting error 60:LabVIEW: (Hex 0x3C) The specified port or network address is currently in use. Select an available port or network address.

It is occuring from TCP writer, though the port is free.

2. Also , at UDP Receiver I am getting a error :

Error 56 occurred at UDP Read in Untitled 10.vi
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x1) An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @

though I dont have any path in in the VI.
please see the attached VIs

Regards
Vishal Kaushik
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,465 Views)

In Untitled 10 you are closing the connection after the first read - move the close to the right side of the loop.

Not 100% sure of course, but Erro 60 can happen when you close a connection and then try to use it again immediately.  In TCP/UDP it is standard that if you close a port it is not available for 60 seconds to allow any incoming data to be processed.  When you close the connection, you will get the not available error for 60 seconds, and then you can open the port again.  You can modify this setting, but I would say don't do that and fix your code first.  

You must have something connected on port 59111, as I do not get this error from your code.

Untitled 11 won't load the block diagram - please upload or post a snippet.

Error 56 is actually the timeout before receiving data "error" - it is expected if you do not receive any data on the connection within the user specified timeout.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 4 of 7
(3,448 Views)

Hello Mr Vallieu,

Thank you for your reply

1.Error 56: So you mean , my sensor is not sending any data , timeout happens and error 56 is shown.(this error Comes from UDP Client side).

2. How will i get to know that my TCP sever and Client are working ? in my Code I think they are working and communicating ( checked Connection ID values on probe when running the VI and it showed some value).

3. Is there any way to check if my sensor is sending data on LabVIEW?

4.Error 60: Earlier it was coming from TCP server, but I changed TCP listen to TCP open connection and its not coming now. Though, sometimes it comes from UDP Client, yes I will see what you suggested.

Here are the VIs, I have just changed the Name.

Regards

Vishal kaushik 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,430 Views)

There are data sniffers available, such as WireShark or logical wire probes that can be used to sniff the physical lines to see if anything is being sent out.

Does the sensor have any kind of test mode where it will broadcast constantly?

Yes, Error 56 means that no data was received and the system timed out (default is 25 seconds), it will then loop back and listen for more data again.

Are you able to access the device via web browser through the POE Router and view its configuration setup as outlined in the manual?  Are you sure there isn't a firewall issue that needs to be "excepted" or turned off?

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 6 of 7
(3,407 Views)

Hello Vishal,

I am also struggling with IVAS for quite some time.
Can you please guide me, how to start? It would be a great help.

Thanks.
Regards,
Fahad Aslam

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,745 Views)